Contact us for FREE lawn analysis
Keepers of the Green Keeps Tampa Lawns Lush and Healthy All Year Long
We never want you to feel like the grass is greener on the other side. There are two main aspects to keeping your grass green—especially in Florida’s climate. Our lawn care professionals put together comprehensive plans to prevent issues from arising and promptly treating them whenever they do. We create a very specific plan for every yard because every yard has its own special needs based on the topography surrounding your home.
The lawn care hazards we watch out for in Florida
Grass is not easy to grow in Florida. Our lawn care professionals just make it look easy. By applying the right balance of essential nutrients, slow-release fertilizers and pest treatments, we keep yards green year round. The most common hazards for Tampa area lawns include:
- Brown spots — Your yard might be turning brown due to a lack of fertilization or from subterranean pests.
- Brown patch – A lawn fungus that requires treatment
- Bugs — Bugs that are not confronted can cause thousands of dollars in landscaping damage in a short period of time.
- Weeds — We use pre-emergent weed treatments to kill weeds before they ever sprout from their seeds.
- Disease — Tampa has many specific diseases that threaten palm trees, shrubs, ornamentals and grass.
- Crab grass — We routinely monitor your yard for signs of crab grass. If any appears, we adjust your custom plan to eliminate them right away.
- Cinch bugs — Our pest control plans kill cinch bugs so they do not eat the roots that your plants depend on.
The challenges of growing healthy grass in Tampa Bay area
Knowledge of the specific soil types, grass types and climate of the Tampa Bay area make the difference between an immaculate lawn and a blemished one. The “humid subtropical” climate here leaves more than 40 inches of rain each year, despite having dry winters. These dynamic changes in weather require expertise in keeping the proper balance of nutrients for your grass.
Call a team of trusted Tampa lawn care professionals today
Lawn care in Tampa is a challenge—you can count on Keepers of the Green because we have been doing it for more than 25 years. We do free initial assessments that are detailed to the specific needs of your property. Call us at 813-884-4255 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.